So that you don't become just another number, we are here to give you the gist on UTIs(Urinary tract infections) so you can protect yourself against them. UTI is simply an infection in any part of your urinary system. By your urinary system, I mean your bladder, ureter, urethra, and in worst cases the kidney.
It is caused as a result of bacteria overcoming your body's natural defenses in the urinary tract. It is very easy to contract and is a lot more common in women than most infections.
Although UTIs are usually diagnosed after a urine test within 2-3 days, here are some common symptoms to look out for;
- Strong and frequent urge to urinate
- Cloudy, bloody, or strong-smelling urine
- Pain or a burning sensation when urinating
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle ache and abdominal pain
Causes Of UTIs
- Unprotected sexual intercourse, especially if is frequent, and with multiple or new partners.
- Poor personal hygiene
- Bowel incontinence
- Weakened immune system
Now that you are aware of the symptoms (which if you're experiencing, you should see a doctor) and causes of UTI, you have to prevent them beforehand by;
- Drinking plenty of water
it's the most natural solution to everything. It will help dilute your urine and ensure that you urinate more frequently which will flush out bacteria from your urinary tract. It will also help that glow up🌟.
- Wiping from front to back
Whether you have been wiping wrong or not at all, you should start doing this now after urinating and bowel movement as it helps prevent infection in your vagina.
- Emptying your bladder after intercourse
You can drink water to aid this, as it flushes out possible bacteria.
- Changing your birth control method
Using certain birth control methods like diaphragms or unlubricated spermicide-treated condoms can lead to bacterial growth.
- Drinking cranberry juice
While this isn't yet proven to prevent UTIs, cranberry contains a tannin that might prevent E.coli bacteria and it is also healthy for your body in general.
- https://www.mayoclinic.org › sync-2... Urinary tract infection (UTI) - Symptoms and causes Mayo
- Clinichttps://www.medicalnewstoday.com › ... Urinary tract infection: Causes, symptoms, and prevention - Medical News Today
- https://www.webmd.com › ... › Guide Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - WebMD
- https://www.healthline.com › health Urinary Tract Infection: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment - Healthline
- https://my.clevelandclinic.org › health Urinary Tract Infections: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
By Charisa Bassey